Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mary Kay Sampling!






A few weeks ago, I was able to attend a Mary Kay sampling! I was able to retrieve a $150 goodie bag and try out most of their new fall products. Before this sampling, I have never heard of the brand. After gathering my first impression of the entirety of the brand I would say it's an affordable make up brand that has some better products and some not so great. Their lip products are standard to good quality. They glide on smoothly, medium color payoff, and medium lasting wear. Their mascara is also standard, which did not do much to lengthen or volumize my eyelashes in any special way. However, one product I will rave about is their cream shadow. It has great pigmentation, awesome long wear, and the color I got was just so pretty. I would say it's comparable to Maybelline's color tattoo. It's a great base for any every day eye, especially for fall.

I noticed Mary Kay did not do much to do anything special with their packaging which is a big factor for me. It was relatively cheap and light and came too simple in black and clear containers. It seems they tried to go chic but felt too cheap to successfully convince me. If I were to compare this brand to another, I would say it's very similar to ELF.

Mary Kay is a great brand for anyone new to makeup and is looking for affordable products that's easy to apply and work with. For those higher than novice, I'd suggest taking a look at their cream shadows because they are definitely a favorite of mine.

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog post.




Shout out to Mikie. A devout fan of Boss Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment