Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013!

Well, it's obvious that I've clearly been neglecting this blog. School has proved to be a bit of a challenge this semester and I have found no time at all to focus on this blog.

To make up for this long, unannounced hiatus. I decided to just post up a couple pictures I took about a month back. It's a bunch of eos lip balms that I got in a wholesale pack and the Clinique gift with purchase from October. If you're looking for a great eye makeup remover I would suggest "Take the Day Off" by Clinique. A small bottle is pretty expensive but you only need a little bit to go a long way. I've personally been using it since I started doing my own makeup and I stick by it. It doesn't sting the eye and it takes off heavy makeup with one cotton swab full!



So, in the spirit of the holiday season, why not share things that I'm thankful for? I always found this moments a little corny. When that annoying aunt would say, "Why don't we all go around and say what we are thankful this year?" Honestly, I remember the heavy sighs quite vividly. But it's always to good to put it down in writing. Because in years, I can look back and see what I said:

  1. Friends and family - This is an obvious given. But since college, a lot of friendships have been put into perspective. A usual reader of BossDaily would know. I'm glad this happened though. It made room for more friendships and even though friends come and go. They do sometimes come back and not only go away. Since college, I've noticed family time has meant a lot more. Sad that it took something like college to make me realize this. Yet, it's good that it did. I don't see family as often and seeing my little cousins grow older and seeing my parents start to wrinkle puts a lot of things in a different light for me. 
  2. The university I go to - I've had a rough relationship with my school. I'll be the first to admit it. I hated how far it was but I wanted to be that far to grow independently. I hated the surroundings. I like to think I'm a city girl at heart. I didn't like the people as much. It made my uniqueness stand out and I didn't embrace at first. But in the end, I'm definitely appreciated my school. It's brought a lot out of me, challenged me, and made me realize certain things about myself. 
  3. Mark - Not to throw out any subliminal messages because I don't really want to be that type of person. But I'm glad I decided to stick with my SO throughout college. If I hadn't chosen to do so, I feel like I'd either be in a whole heap of trouble or a depressed little sack of potatoes. Hey, it's not for everyone. It just so happens that it works out for me. I think it's easy to say that I definitely would have gone insane by now if it hadn't been for him. It's been a little hard but I'd say it's definitely worth it. And in fact, I appreciate the challenge.
  4. The life I am able to live - I'm glad at where I am right now. I'm glad that I'm able to experience things that I've been through. I'm appreciative of how capable I am and I'm anxious to be able to spread this mantra into my practice into the future. I'm appreciative of every step I need to get there and I anticipate the future optimistically. 


No comments:

Post a Comment