Sunday, December 15, 2013

Settling into winter break

Finally! The fall semester has ended and I can now breathe a little easier. Although, majority of the people I know still have their heads buried in their books prepping for this upcoming week of finals I figured I would take this time to have for myself.

I got a chance to start reading Allegiant, the third book to the Divergent series. I have got to say, it took a really unexpected turn. It's as if The Hunger Games and Divergent were running parallel all up until this third and last book of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if the author took some of the comparisons to heart and changed the book up a little before finally publishing it this past October. Yet, I still have to form an opinion on it. So far, since it has taken a huge left turn I feel the whole lot of it is a bit overwhelming. A little too much to ingest for the last book but I'm anticipating a cleaner ending. I'm only halfway through.

With Christmas coming up, I've been frantically trying to conjure up some gift ideas. You would think that thinking of a present for someone you've known for more than ten years of your life would be easy. But when it comes to it, you're stumped. If only everyone could be satisfied with a nice pair of Victoria's Secret yoga pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment