Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow day!

I can't even begin to tell you how much of a summer person I am. Shorter days, colder weather, and the constant feeling of being a hermit just doesn't appeal to me as much as summer does. But sometimes winter has its moments. Yesterday, I finally experienced my first snow day after probably 2 years. The snow storm that came our way was absolutely perfect. It snowed all day and it left a beautiful, thick comforting blanket over everything.



Walking around yesterday gave me a new appreciation for nature. Although, for most people, especially adults, find the snow troublesome and just added on nuisance to their everyday commute. But the snow was just absolutely beautiful. The way the huge chunks of snowflakes just gently floated to the ground, camouflaging and unifying with the millions of snowflakes that came before it was pretty magical.


Snow is one of those things that kind of lost its luster for me. Like Christmas and Santa Clause, Easter egg hunting, and the thought of going to Sports World and Chuck E. Cheese. But I think it's one of those things that we take for granted and that we should take the time to rediscover these small, magical moments every time they come up. Even if they're not as significant as they were during our toddler stages. These are some of the things that used to all make us so happy to the point where there was absolutely nothing that could top our happiness. So why should they ever lose that meaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment