Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Weekend

This past weekend I made a last minute decision to spend Easter at home. Which I'm pretty glad I did but it turned out to be the well worth the trip. It's always a long and rough trip home but I ended up spending a nice relaxing Friday night at home. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss home food.

Saturday was dedicated to a much needed shopping trip which I picked up some spring essentials. I watched Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier which was absolutely AMAZING. I went in without any expectations, hardly seen any of the trailers, and any knowledge about what is supposed to happen next in the comics. Despite Mark's subtle spoilers throughout the movie, I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think you necessarily need to have seen the first captain america, but you should have seen The Avengers in order to have a pretty good understanding of what is happening.

We went to our usual spot after the movie for a simple meal.



Easter Sunday was nothing too special. I ate with my family and spent time together as usual. I don't even know why I was strongly considering not going home this weekend. Any occasion and any time that I can spend with my family should be an opportunity that I should take. I used to think that spending time away from home on holidays wasn't a big deal especially because I'm always seeking freedom that isn't always given to me at home. But especially now that I see how disappointed some of my relatives become when they stop seeing some of my cousins because they're out living their lives, makes me realize that even if I don't go home for myself, I should go home for my family. Because even though I may think that I have plenty of time to spend at home, I know some of my family don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment