Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow day in

First blog of 2014! A large snow storm decided to greet us here on the east coast and left us with a beautiful layer of snow. I'm just thankful I don't have work all this week so I won't have to tread through all the unplowed roads. For New Year's, I had my annual family New Year's gathering and it was great seeing everyone again. I'm always blessed with gifts and cards that I always appreciate and to think these people have been giving me gifts every year for nearly 20 years is kinda crazy. I don't think I've ever really done anything in return except thank them. 
 So, our tree has already been taken down in the living room and the holiday spirit has clearly left us. I can't wait for 2014. I'm going to turn 20, I'll be embarking huge steps in my future career, finding new independence, and hopefully growing all the while. It's a little bit terrifying and exciting all at once. But I'm sure it'll be fun either way.
I've also found a new appreciation for boxes of chocolates. I'm not sure why I've never really liked them before. It could be partly due to the fact that I'm not an extreme chocolate fan. But it also could be due to the fact that I've never really given them a try. Which could say a lot about the way I approach certain things...

The rest of the day will be consisting of catching up on my books and lounging. I just can't bear to think about going outside so that will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Stay warm!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment