Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!



Merry Christmas Eve! Today I spent majority of my time eating good food, spending time with my family, and reading. The Fault in our Stars was a book I finished reading before break. I actually finished reading it right before finals instead of studying. But overall it was a pretty good. Not exactly a super feel good novel, but it definitely gets you thinking. As for the odd book out of the bunch… and by odd I mean it’s not your typical photographed novel that is seen milling about preteen tumblr rebloggers. Killing Floor is a book I had to read for a literature class I took this past semester. It was the last novel out of the 12 we were assigned. Since it was the most recently written book and for me, most engaging, I decided to take it upon myself to finish reading it during my winter break. (We were only required to read the first 100 pages)

Killing Floor is definitely a book that I would not normally pick up which was another reason why I wanted to finish it. It’s a thrilling action novel jam packed into about 530 pages. Honestly, once I got to the 400s, I wanted it to just end already. Then by the end I felt like I watched an entire season of a thrilling mystery show within 7 days. Which could be a good or bad thing. Ultimately, I enjoyed the book and the author, Lee Child, actually had a movie that came out this past December 21st based on one of his Jack Reacher novels, One Shot. I’m definitely interested in seeing it. Although I have my reservations about Tom Cruise, I’ll try giving Lee Child some credit.

Divergent is a novel I still have yet to read. I’m excited to get started on it. I hope the trilogy is everything I heard of it to be. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment